Sneak Peeks: Why do you need them
Sneak Peeks have been gaining a lot of interest from the self-published authors lately for a good reason. Sneak Peeks are ultra-short and cinematic videos which follow the same principle as movie trailers. In less than two minutes, it presents a book’s story while teasing audiences with its best parts. Here are the top reasons why Sneak Peeks are useful in promoting your book:
According to the statistics gathered by impactbnd.com, “75 Million people in the U.S. watch online videos every day.” They add that by 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
Even more encouraging, the digital design company Diode Digital found that “video promotion is 600% more effective than print and direct mail combined.”
What Sneak Peeks do effectively is that they don’t hard sell your book. It aims to create hype by presenting what your book has to offer using snippets of entertaining scenes and great dialogue taken from your book.
Once posted, intrigued audiences will be able to leave reacts, comments, and share it with their social circles. It becomes a great form of ‘evergreen content’. This means that people from around the world can view it or come back to it twenty-four hours, seven days a week. This opens up more opportunities for potential readers to discovering the book, interact with you or see what else you have to offer.
Sneak Peeks enhances an author’s book promotion campaign because it works well with other publicity and marketing strategies. Here are some options that NRM provides.
It can be:
- shared on our social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Medium.
- played at the book launching or at book store displays.
- featured on your Amazon and Goodreads profile.
- embedded into the sales landing page on your website or blog.
- shared in community threads for writers and book lovers.
- plugged in on the NRM website as an author Spotlight.
- sent out with our weekly newsletter.
- sent to producers to show them your book’s cinematic potential.
Authors spend a huge amount of time, skill and dedication to create a great novel but getting people to read it, let alone notice it, proves to be another challenge entirely.
Sneak Peeks can be a wonderful ally to savvy authors. Here at NRM, we encourage you to take advantage of the potential audience, engagement and versatility that Sneak Peeks can bring to your books and to you.
- Impact. "14 Reasons Why You Need to Use Video Content Marketing [2019 Infographic]." IMPACT. Accessed March 13, 2019. https://www.impactbnd.com/blog/video-content-the-importance-of-video-marketing.